Marshalltown church goers hospitalized after carbon monoxide leak

Fifteen people were hospitalized after a carbon monoxide leak Sunday in a Marshalltown church.  First responders were called to the church on E. South St. after people reported smelling gas and several began passing out.  An initial test found high levels of carbon monoxide. There was a gasoline-powered generator and several full gasoline cans at the scene, which fire officials believe may have played a role. The sick people were taken to a Marshalltown hospital.  Five of them were later transferred to facilities in Iowa City and Des Moines.

title

Content Goes Here