Iowa's first round-house named to National Register of Historic Places

YALE, Iowa- A gymnasium built in 1932, has become one of the state's most treasured, historic buildings, after recently being added to the National Register of Historic Places.

The Yale, Iowa High School gym in Guthrie County was Iowa's first "round-house" it's curving clay tile bock, is the same used in silo construction and was a major product of the Adel Clay Products Company.

The gym was the home of the Yale High School Bulldogs between 1932 and 1961, the school merged with Jamaica and Bagley, and then merged again decades later to become the Panorama Panthers. The building was used for the last time for a school reunion in 2009.

title

Content Goes Here